Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: All new to this
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:26 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi My name is Ann
We have just got a dragon he is 6 weeks old now we called him Anzac.
My daughter is doing a animal care and management course and this is were she fell in love with Beardy's.
Here are some of photos of Anzac

I will be on here load for help and advice.

Ann

Living with Toffee The Boxer Dog
Anzac The Bearded Dragon

Post subject: Re: All new to this
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:20 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Nice plump looking guy - don't be afraid to ask questions and perhaps describe your set up, temps, type of lights, feeding regime etc. as it's possible we can help tune it all up for you.

rick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:19 am 
EGG
EGG

Rick wrote:Nice plump looking guy - don't be afraid to ask questions and perhaps describe your set up, temps, type of lights, feeding regime etc. as it's possible we can help tune it all up for you.

rick

Here is his set up.

The temps are cool end 25C warm end 86F and basking area 102F We have the Habistat to control the temp of a night.
Is there anything you think we should change about his set up, put more in take stuff out.
He seem very happy in there. We feed him 3 times a day he roughly has about 15 crickets a time, sometimes he will eat more and the next meal won't want any or just a few, I take it he knows when he is full or hungry. He's not keen on veg the first day we got him he had a couple of tiny bit of broccoli, but that is the only veg he has had. Everyday we give him a mixture to see if anything takes his fancy. he always has a bowl of fresh water in there, i drip little drops of water on his nose now and then which he licks off. He loves his cactus and will very often sleep on it, usually with his head hanging down the back of it. I can't believe how comical he is, I just love him so much already.
We are trying to start to handle him but don't want to stress him, he loves having his chin tickled and will stand on my daughter Jordan's hand when she feeds him.

I am very grateful for any help and advice you can give us.
Ann

Anzac The Bearded Dragon

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:43 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

A couple of pointers here. Temps need to be taken at about his head level but it looks as if the gauge senders are quite high up on the wall. Overnight temps may drop to 16C so no overnight heating is usually required. Water - not something that you need to worry about to much see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1372 . Feeding regime is good but try putting a small dish of veg in early and leave the first feed of live until mid-morning. Dandelion leaves and flowers are favourites as are butternut pumpkin and a variety of Chinese veg such as Bok Choy and Choy Sum.

Rick

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:56 pm 
EGG
EGG

Rick wrote:A couple of pointers here. Temps need to be taken at about his head level but it looks as if the gauge senders are quite high up on the wall. Overnight temps may drop to 16C so no overnight heating is usually required. Water - not something that you need to worry about to much see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1372 . Feeding regime is good but try putting a small dish of veg in early and leave the first feed of live until mid-morning. Dandelion leaves and flowers are favourites as are butternut pumpkin and a variety of Chinese veg such as Bok Choy and Choy Sum.

Rick

Thanks I will get the temp gauges a bit lower, my daughter said the light go off of a night and doesn't usually come on as she set the habistat to the lower temp at night. I have load of Dandelions in the garden but not sure if I can use them????

Anzac The Bearded Dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:22 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

As long as no weed or insect sprays have been used near the dandelions and they're well washed they'll be OK. :)

Rick