mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Typical type of dragon.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:25 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

Hi guys, after reading through alot of the posts on breeding, i noticed the terms Exotics, leather backs, tangerines, ect, i was just wandering what type my dragon is, to me i think she is 1 of typically mass breeded type in the uk that all look the same, but she has started developing lighter brown/orange markings on her head and legs. I am in the middle of trying to decide weather or not to breed, the guy at my local exotic pet store has a beautiful male with brilliant markings and is willing to let me use him to breed. any thoughts would be great, i have pics in pics topic,

Thanks....
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:17 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Lovely little Dragon :lol: but please look into it seriously :? so many on gum tree and pre loved :( people get them ; then get bored or no time :) plus its 3 x egg layings and very expensive for you cannot find homes till at least 6 wks or more (when all are eating loads of live food ) :D Rick has just got Babies ask him all whats involved :D

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara
1 Aquarium of Tropical fish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:24 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Yours looks to be a "normal" and as a youngster will be showing well defined patterning and colours which will fade to some extent as he gets older. With the probability of 3~5 clutches of eggs from one mating and the set up costs of numerous additional vivs to keep the babies in I recommend that you do read through all the stickies here in the Breeding section then come back and start asking questions. It's not a cheap exercise and whilst rewarding needs a lot of serious thought.

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:48 am 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

I have been looking through the sticky's earlier. And as costly as it will be it looks and feels that it would be very rewarding experience, as I am a stay at home father I have the time and would really like the experience. So ya can probably expext a lot questions over next few months...

Thanks.
Andy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:02 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Ok as long as you realize the time and problems involved we'll help all we can. One thing I would strongly suggest and that would be to incubate the first batch of babies only freezing any subsequent batches as soon as laid. Bringing 3+ clutches to a saleable age is very expensive both in food and in hardware such as vivs etc.

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:47 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

Thanks Rick. i was only thinking of incubating the first batch with it being the first time and all., and depending on the number of the first batch, i was thinking of maybe incubating half of the batch, but we'l see, ive got a few months before she reaches the correct age, which means plenty of time to get things ready.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Sounds good - any assistance you need just ask and do make sure you've everything tried and tested before you start.

Rick