mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:54 am 
EGG
EGG

my 19 bearded dragon eggs have gone very soft and there is reduced movement from the embryos. Thay are on day 58 today. Is reduced movement normal before hatching?
How will i know they are ready to hatch as i have had conflicting advice about this on other sites and i am confused now. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just leave mine alone and check the incubator every day. They take a few hours to emerge fully from the egg, and don't start moving around immediately.

A sure sign that they'll be hatching shortly is a dimpling of the egg.

Bearded Dragon: Fiona
R.I.P Shrek and Stumpy - you are sadly missed.

For articles and useful information about how to care for Bearded Dragons visit the main site: http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:01 pm 
EGG
EGG

well tonight i go take a peek before i have my tea and a little one is out of the egg looking not very good maybe slightly early or under developed for unknown reasons . I take him out of the incubator and place him gently in a small plastic tub lined with a damp paper towel then put it back in the incubator. A few hours later eggs are piping everywhere but these look fully developed so not sure why one didnt develop properly. Out of 19 eggs i now have 5 that have hatched so im all excited:)
Will post pics tommorrow oh and how long do i keep them in the incubator for pls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:39 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

I hope you weren't shining a light through your eggs every few days, hhis can and does upset the embyo once its eyes have developed. We've always removed our young from the incubator as soon as they've hatched and put them straight into the pre-warmed viv close to the basking spot (but not on it). We've never had a death and almost every one has been up and running within 12 hours at most. At that point the enclosure consists of a small basking sandstone slab, something to hide behind near the basking spot and food and (small) water dishes at the cool side. The water dish is full of flat pebbles so that dragons that fall asleep in it (and some will) can't drown. Once they're running around we intoduce a small climbing stick and that's it!

Rick