mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 pm 
FAMILY LIFE
FAMILY LIFE

i think alot of males (beardies that is :wink: ) are lazy and grumpy :mrgreen: Great aren't they 8)

Bearded Dragon:
Felix born 5/11/08
Bob born 25/12/07 Died 17/1/09 RIP
Hubby and 2 children: Ian, Sophie and Emily
Cats: Suzie and Sheba
Corn snake: Maxxie born 6/8/11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:13 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

I started my college course on animals care a few weeks ago and my first task was to feed their bearded dragon, she was the most beautiful and funny girl I just had to have one!
We were going to get a gecko but after the beardie at college I came home and we did some research on them and now here we are almost a full viv set up and getting the beardie next week! I don't think I have ever been this exited before!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:43 pm 
EGG
EGG

I still live with my parents at the age of 22 :oops: iv loved since lizzards since i was young jus never allowed
anyway i decided to take the plunge and get "Beardieman" with 1 draw back! My parents diddnt like the idea not 1 bit.
So they went away for the weekend and I Installed the tank got the tempratures right and the next day
went to go get my new buddy!

Being my 1st lizzard I was nervous never mind the fact I got him against my parents will. I knew I had to introduce
them to "Beardie" sooner rather than later just not the night they get back from holiday.
Anyway they got home that evening and as I was in the kitchen talking to mum I realised that sitting on the top of the microwave was a pot of calci-dust and a bowl of fresh fruit (bought for "Beardie") on the counter top.

She picks up the pot of calci-dust and does a double take of both me ant the pot and just says "YOU DIDNT"!!!
To which i sed "aaahh noo!?"!!!
She wasnt too cross she asked if she could see him so i took both parents to meet him and at first my dad thought
I was GROWING something ILLEGAL!!! the nerve. lol. I took him out of his viv for a cuddle and they were amazed
by him and they cant spend a day without a cuddle from "Beardieman".

Were even thinking about building him a custom viv in the lounge :lol: Cant wait.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:48 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

your all probably going to laugh... but it was the newish disney film 'How to Train Your Dragon' that made me think "I WANT ONE NOWWW!!" :D hahaha

11 chickens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:07 pm 
EGG
EGG

I Had gone to "pets at home" to buy the newphew some gold fish and i saw the reptile section. they beardies was just sat there on their logs basking under there lamps and i was amazed by them. i just looked at my boyfriend and he was as smitten as i was. the next day we nipped to a massive garden centre close to home and the ladys there saw us staring at them. see showed us some leaflets on beardies and showed us everything we would need to keep one, what they eat etc, out of all the beardies there was one that wouldnt leave me alone. everywhere i went he followed, the lady could see i was looking at him so she unlocked his viv and got him out. as soon as he sat on me i fell in love. put it this way i didnt leave the shop without him. had him about 4 month now and i love him to bits. hes got me right where he wants me, he knows hes boss. i am still totally smitten by him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:23 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

A year ago my husband mentioned that someone his mum worked with was giving away a lizard complete with its own set up and since he was a child he always wanted a lizard, I was not happy about this and put my foot down and said no, that we had no where to put it and that pets were a tie. My husband then over the next few day kept going on about this lizard and told me it was a bearded dragon. I had never heard of one of these and he assued me they were very nice. After a few more days of him going on I gave in and told him he could bring the lizard home, however it was not allowed downstairs and would have to go in the spare room where my husband plays his Xbox. And so the lizard came home and was set up. I was a bit scared of him a first and didnt really want to touch him. However everytime I came upstairs and walked passed the room the little fella would stare out at me (the BD i mean not my husband, lol). After a couple of weeks I started to get used to him and decided I didnt like his name of Zues and told my husband i was changing it to Keith. I then started to feel sorry for him as when my husband was not upstairs he was all alone and asked that he was brought downstaris to the living room and he hasnt moved out of the living room since. Now I love him being there and even talk to him all the time and get him out and let him have the run of the living room. I ended up buying him a new larger tank and new things to climb on etc. So thats how I fell in love with Beardies! I wouldnt change him for the world.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:48 pm 
FAMILY LIFE
FAMILY LIFE

You wouldn't be without him now would you! I bet he loves the fact he is now living downstairs where he can have a good nosey at whats going on :D

1 beardie - Oz born @ 5th March 2008
Son / daughter - Joshua & Jessica
1 dog - Blackie
Guinea pig Jasper, Rabbit Daisy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:43 am 
JUVENILE
JUVENILE

i was given my beardie albert a couple of months ago from a friend of a friend who could not keep him anymore
unfortunatly they were not to clued up of proper care for them, wrong lighting, heating etc
all that is sorted now but he does have mbd and is a little underweight all of which im treating
and hes is improving really well now
any way im completly smitten with him, he has a great character even tho he does not do too much cos of
his condition. had a snake as a kid and now im hooked on reptiles again,, im looking at getting a water dragon in the near future
would love a white throat monitor but dont have the room for one.
my mum was not sure of him at first but shes now hooked and is getting a tortoise in the new year, ive build a tortoise table
just need the lights and will get the totroise soon, i would love a snake but not allowed one in the house
all these types of animals are highley addictive

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:20 pm 
FAMILY LIFE
FAMILY LIFE

Yep, it does get very addictive :lol:

Post some pics of the tortoise and set up when you get him :lol:

1 beardie - Oz born @ 5th March 2008
Son / daughter - Joshua & Jessica
1 dog - Blackie
Guinea pig Jasper, Rabbit Daisy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:55 pm 
EGG
EGG

I've always loved lizards and reptiles I'm allergic to most animals because Ive hay feather ,but lizards and reptiles never made me I'll, when I went to the zoo I didn't want to see lions and stuff I wanted to go to the reptile house 8)
In the last summer holidays when I was on my way back from a sailing course my mum and sister took me in to the local pet shop, and right there in that pet shop I saw fredy and his sister , fredy was twice the size of his sister,me and my sister begged and begged to have a them both, me mum said if I did a whole lot of research on them I would have one, over the entire sommer I spent my time franticlly reading about bds and how they lived how to treat them and how to live with them
Then in the October half term we got the viv set it up and all then went out to get fredy, he was so small he could fit in a box that you put crickets, that weekend I had him out a few times but only once a day because we let him settle in, then in the week of half term I slowly introduced him to what we do now
I can't imagine my life without fredy now he's now my best mate. 8) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:36 pm 
EGG
EGG

had been looking at lizard of all kinds for years as i have always wanted 1 but never had the cash or parents permision to have 1 now that i have my own family and my 4 year old son loves beared dragons i was thinking about geting him 1 so took him to the pet shop and he ran a mile when the bloke took one out the viv so put it off again :cry: but every time we went in he was getting better with them so was planning on getting him one for his next birthday when me pal phoned is and said he was moving and his new landlord would not let him have any pets at all so as he new how much a wanted one he aske if i would take his two off him with a full set up for £50 because he new thay wher going to get all the love and attenchion thay needed and well all i can say is i now have two lovley dragons called magma and zelda which my 2 sons and me and my partner adore altho me oldest son whos 8 and me partne are still nervous of them thay r getting more comftobly with them every day and for me little un who ran a mile from them lets the climb all over him and zeld loves to sit on his sholder he even hand feeds them he calles them his littile boy and girl hopefully we get many years of love off them because thay will get it off us :D

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:27 am 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

Great stories! I grew up in Swaziland and we used to regularly spot a large blue headed legawaan in the Jacaranda tree in our garden. He would regularly make an appearance when we were sat outside and eventually over the years would come all the way down to eye level and just sit there with his head cocked to one side, as if listening to our conversations :) I realised that these creatures have amazing character! Also, we would have geckos running up and down our walls indoors - not as colourful as leapard geckos, but dead cute. So, my love of reptiles started really young. We were going for geckos but decided on beardies after loads of research - it helps that they are not nocturnal! More sociable. Mel. :D