mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 6:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:10 pm 
EGG
EGG

Sadly last night I found my 4 year old Bearded Dragon Sid dead in his tank. Came as quite a shock as he was fine the previous day, out of his tank enjoying a little spring sunshine on the window ledge. In hindsight yesterday when I looked in on him he was lying in a slightly odd right under his lights (warmest part of tank) it was early morning so assumed he was just warming up. I had a busy day yesterday so didn't look back in on him (he had his own room) until the evening.

I've beaten myself up all day, with what if's, but's and maybe's. When we were on holiday in November the place we board him he'd been ill for the first time, passed a strange poop and needed meds and re hydrated. It seems like something similar has happened like he's not been able to pass something but I didn't notice.

He's now laid to rest with a nice view. Hope he's basking on a big rock in the sky enjoying the warm sunshine.........

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:24 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

So sorry - in these circumstances I would have had our vet post mortem him to try and find out what happened. Had this a couple of times with ours and I do it to ensure it's not something that could harm other dragons.

Rick :(