mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:02 pm 
EGG
EGG

hi rick,

my son and i tried to feed our little man a small hopper last night. i nearly had a caniption during the process and my son was shaking like a leaf. we are basically so scared about hurting the little chap. but.... we did have a very moderate success. my son managed to get a hopper far enough into beardies mouth so that it chomped down....on the third attempt. it only ate half the hopper, (yuk) but we feel that today when we try we will be a bit braver so little man will hopefully get a proper meal today.

the dragon has still been very sleepy, but he is very slowly staying awake for longer each day. he is finding places to hide where he is only partly hidden now, which means i'm less worried that he is missing out too much on uv. i have now removed the last of the shielding from the front of the viv and decided that although he is far from settled that i would start trying to interact with him a little as i don't want the only time he is being picked up to be when we are 'bullying' food into him. i gentled him for a couple of minutes earlier and he seemed relaxed to be held. he moved about my hands a little then showed signs of wanting to go back to his viv. i'm quite happy to let him set the pace.....

when i see the vet on sat i'm going to ask for him to be given a very thorough check over. i will try to get a fresh stool sample as you advised - i must sort out a sterile container and scoop - oh bliss ;-) unless the vet advises against it, i think i will ask for every test going....

i think little chap has a mountain to climb, but i'm determined to give him every chance.

unless his progress stalls, i'll post again sometime next week and give a update on him.

take care
joy
x