mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Baby Beardie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:21 pm 
EGG
EGG

Hi, me and my boyfriend have just got a new baby beardie yesterday, called Mushu! I just wanted to write a post introducing us and telling a bit about him and his set-up and see if everything is how it should be! Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Before getting him or anything for him, I did a lot of research and got a lot of information mainly from this forum!

He's got a 4ft viv with reptile carpet, basking spot at one end (39C-42C) and a cool end at the other (21C-24C). He's got a 60W clear bulb for basking and an Arcadia UVB. At night all the lights are turned off and I don't let the temperature fall below 17C.

We only got Mushu yesterday evening, I have not had the chance to measure him, taking a guess I'd say he was roughly 9-10 inches. He was bought from Pets at home, and they were pretty clueless as to his age but guessed he was 2 months. He does seem to be settling in really well, he was been roaming around the full viv and doesn't seem fazed by the size of the viv, although he doesn't seem to use his basking rock a lot, he much prefers to be on the bamboo jungle branch.

He is eating well, not touched his vegs (Kale, green beans and fresh greens) but has eaten around 7 or 8 small hoppers and a several mealworms. He has pooped three times already, I am really sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, the are pretty solid ones though.

Kim and Adam

Attachments:
baby mushu.jpg
baby mushu.jpg [ 55.79 KiB | Viewed 1960 times ]

Post subject: Re: New Baby Beardie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:26 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Nice healthy looking baby and probably around 8~12 weeks. Can't really fault anything or improve what you're doing in any way. Do remember that mealworms should only be used as a treat as they're a bit like lollies for a kid and can be fattening. He may go off food for a few days but this isn't unusual as they don't like disturbances.
Any questions just ask.

Rick