mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

I just thought so many new Beardie Owners ask the same questions :lol: and I know there is info on different posts :lol: but maybe one that gives 1) like you have on your opening page but easy for people to understand the run dow of looking after a Dragon 2) Essential set up ; 3) diet sheet 4) subtrate :lol: basically just aimed at new to Beardie Owners who first log on ; once they are set up then they will feel easier browsing other posts ( as some like it very simple ; and may not like hunting through all the posts :lol: one of the hardest is also how to post a pic for some , Just thought putting all the info on one thread for New ones (I know you have intoduction thread ) just a thought anyway :lol: it would just save the experts repeating advice to new ones (they will always get in contact if they have a poroblem anyway) :lol: Hope you get where Im coming from :lol:

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara
1 Aquarium of Tropical fish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All that information is on the main site :lol: It doesn't seem to matter how many times you give the information, someone always wants to ask the question in a different way.

I think such a post would be too long, and people don't tend to read something at length, I'm afraid. I'm constantly answering emails that come from the main site which could have been very easily answered if someone had had a quick look at the topics on the main page! :shock:

See what Rick and the others think, but I reckon people will still keep asking the same questions, and in some ways I hope they will. Giving them the right information to keep a bearded dragon healthy is giving that dragon a happier life.

Bearded Dragon: Fiona
R.I.P Shrek and Stumpy - you are sadly missed.

For articles and useful information about how to care for Bearded Dragons visit the main site: http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Yes I can see what you mean and on reflection thats what makes it a forum ; the interaction :lol: this is the first forum I have joined ; and may I complement you on how well you run it :lol: and everyone is so helpful :lol: I love the forum and thank you for it :lol:

1 GSD Mishka
1 Cat Tara
1 Aquarium of Tropical fish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:21 pm 
ADULT
ADULT

If it was kept concise and covered all bases I thinks it's a good idea. At least the advice givers could resort to posting a link and then answering any bespoke questions separately . However I also have a feeling it won't prevent people asking.

RIP - Reuben
RIP - Archimedes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:54 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Human nature says that we are the only people to ahve a specific problem and we need it attended to by an expert! Nearly everything you need to know is covered in both the FAQ section and in the stickies at the top of each section but these are generally ignored until one of us points out the specific one applicable to a query! :lol: :lol:

You only need to look at the board index and read the first two sections:-

1 Joining the forum - mainly for instructional notes for new members yet people still post questions and introduce themselves not withstanding that the next section is;

2 Introduce yourself.

In theory your idea is good but in practice it just wont get the use that it should I'm afraid.

Rick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 pm 
FIRST JOB
FIRST JOB

I have made a few new topics knowing someone else has asked the question some where but when you want it , it cannot be found.I know you can search but you need to remember how it has been worded for that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What is important to me isn't so much the owners, as the health of the beardie. If we make information harder to find, or even come across sarcastically (however unintentionally) by pointing people to a different place to get the information then that person may leave the forum without finding out what they needed to know. And who's going to suffer? In all probability the bearded dragon. Even this week I had an email which stated that they had taken on a bearded dragon with MBD - and asked the question, did they need a UVB tube? :shock:

On some forums you can imagine how that question would have been answered, whereas on this one I hope we would all explain patiently why all beardies need UVB, and incidentally it might be a very good idea to get that beardie to a vet asap!

I have been on a number of forums where a newbie with a question such a this would have been shot down in flames. I think many people forget that all of us started off knowing virtually nothing, and by making mistakes. And some people don't really know the question they need to ask, let alone the answer! :roll:

For articles and useful information about how to care for Bearded Dragons visit the main site: http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Catmishka33 wrote:Yes I can see what you mean and on reflection thats what makes it a forum ; the interaction :lol: this is the first forum I have joined ; and may I complement you on how well you run it :lol: and everyone is so helpful :lol: I love the forum and thank you for it :lol:

Why thank you! And thank you for your contributions too! :mrgreen: