mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New friend
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:57 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

I don't know that I'd be reducing temps, he may be off food a little but it's very late for an attempt at brumation November is more normal. From the eating point it could well be the current cold weather just putting him off, ours will do this when thunderstorms are threatening.
Colour changes can be due to a number of things, the first and most usual being temperature in the enclosure. I'd bring it back up to your normal temp and then see if he's hanging around in a cooler spot than normal, if he is, then I suggest that he's just reacting to the weather and will brighten up quite quickly. If you remove his cave then do give him something to hide behind (sometimes a guy likes his privacy!). When was your last fecal float done? This is worth considering, failing that and you are still concerned then a vet visit is always a good idea.

Rick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:48 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Ive left the cave in,i just get him out of it everyday he will eat live food but he isnt touching his salad anymore and is just sleepy 24/7 and darker in coulour

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:04 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Check this post out as I think it seems to cover the situation for you viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2846

Rick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:57 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Ok thanx for that.he is now staying in the cool end and is yellow when cool or asleep and alot darker when warm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:15 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

evening all finally got bella a male friend had him a week now its aparentley 9 weeks old although i think it is aloy younger hes been eating live food whenever offered to him but hasnt yet given salad a go although i do keep offering it to him its a pure red leatherback double hedgesomething has no scales basicley has a really smooth back so happy days

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congrats! What's his name?

Bearded Dragon: Fiona
R.I.P Shrek and Stumpy - you are sadly missed.

For articles and useful information about how to care for Bearded Dragons visit the main site: http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:55 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

haveing abit of a debate between george the dragon and tiga due to the coulour and pattern

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tiga sounds unusual! Tiga and Bella - nice!

For articles and useful information about how to care for Bearded Dragons visit the main site: http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:59 am 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

just a update on the leatherback hes doing really well growing nice and quick showing all his coulours and pattens there realy is no beardie like it hes even had a weee head bobbing session with bella and turned his beard black not nessescary a good thing but theres still a large gap inbetwwen the size of them both so shall have to wait and c shall have to email trish and micheal some phots and would be much apreciated if could put them up :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Course I will! Look forward to seeing them! Glad they're both doing well!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:08 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

hello all its been a goo six months plus sinc ive been on here, its good to c the sight is doing well good job trish and co
just tought ill update u on bella shreks and fi bambino is doing very well indeed,and er male friend has just turned a year old and doing very well,ive seen a few posts of so called red morphs but i think the tim has come to post some pics of my own,george is a true red leaherback with very strong pure bloodlines it took over 12 months to locate what i wanted threw a importer and it was well worth it, i have to say there are very litle of the true breed in this country due to bad breeding conditionsand over bred which is a great shame,anyway hop all are doing well and its goodto c your stil about aswell rick :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes we're still all here. Glad your bds are doing well - love the new one! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:30 pm 
FIRST CAR
FIRST CAR

Thanx I popped to cold blooded for the first time yesterday,not a bad little shop better priced than my local UVB bulb was 13 pounds cheaper :) allso got some sandstone and sand to get tiga of the kitchen roll,all done last night which I slightley regret as it still poops all the bloody time I shall try And upload some pics of the viveriams or email them to someone if possible ?