mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:00 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

Wow, what can I say, you need to get your parents to read these messages, they dont seem very bothered..... How old are you?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:44 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

im turning 17 in jully (for those who asked how old am i). can i feed him dubia roaches because im thinking of starting a colony for him to eat since they are really easy to breed also can i feed him mice because i see alot of videos of bearded dragons eatin mice and my cat always catches some out side and plays with them untill they die and if i can feed him the mice i could take them away from my cat and give him to my beardeddragon but the problem with that is i dont know where those mice might have come from and thats why i dont want to use those but if i buy the ones in the stroe can i feed them to him and also the dubia roaches my freind said can give him worms in a stomach i dont know if shes right do im asking you guys.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:55 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Roaches are a very good food source, but not mice. Mice could be carrying all sorts of disease and can cause many health problems so stick with the roaches.

Rick

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:10 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

k thanku

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:11 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

i finnaly found a vegtebel that he loves to eat i wanted to know if its okay for him to eat it i read on the internet that you can feed bearded dragon peas and it turns out he loves then but every time i feed him them it looks like he gets bloated or it might be im giving him too many peas at one time. also i feed him them out of a can which has some sodium in it is it okay for him to eat those or should i feed him fresh ones because he eats both and i have been feeding him the canned peas and he seems to be okay.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and here is the link to the youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyevxjVczZw

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:44 pm 
EXPERT
EXPERT

If he will eat peas then that's OK but stick to raw ones. Canned have all sorts of additives that he shouldn't have. He does look badly bloated, how many peas does he have at a time?

Rick

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:17 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

somewhere around 50-60 peas alot look at the video you see how much i poured him out of the can i do that 2 times a day so aorund 50-60 peas but he went twice to the bathrom today and look okay now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:01 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Definitely over feeding :) I'd suggest around 12 a day mixed in with some finely shredded greens so that when he grabs a fresh pea he'll probably also get a mouthful of other veg. How's he going on live food now?

Rick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:46 am 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

yea but the problem with adding vegetables is that if i add anything else like carrots or parslet plant he dosent even want to eat the peas after that heor she im not sure is really picky with his or her food i dont know why i tried not feeding him or her for a couple of days to see if he would eat other vegitables then but he or she still did not eat anything except for crickets, peas, or blueberies the only way he will eat anyother vegitables is if i pry his mounth open with my fingers which dosent hurt him because when i press lightly with my fingers he oepens his mounth wide open by him self and then i have to stick the vegitables into his mouth then he will eat some and after that he doesent want anymore after like 3-5 pieces and i have noth feed him any live food in a while about 1-2 months because my mom wont buy crickets for some reason she only buys them sometimes when i keep on telling her to buy them but if going to start a colony of dubia roches soon so he will have as much live food as he wants in about 3 months. And he dosent really seem to have anyproblems from me not feeding him live food he seems okay.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:32 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

HE MUST HAVE PROTEIN IN HIS DIET

"And he dosent really seem to have anyproblems from me not feeding him live food he seems okay."
You can't see inside his body and won't know if he's missing an essential item until he drops dead ! Why can't you buy the crix? As an adult you only need feed them to him every 2nd or 3rd day so it isn't a really expensive item. If you want him to have a long life please look after his food requirements better than you are at the moment.

Rick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:51 am 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

yea i know its why i ordered the blalptica dubia they are sopose to come tommorow i ordered around 50 and im going to breeed them so i get alot and can feed him with out depeleting the colony.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:10 am 
FAMILY LIFE
FAMILY LIFE

Breeding them will take time - he really needs some livefood now.

1 beardie - Oz born @ 5th March 2008
Son / daughter - Joshua & Jessica
1 dog - Blackie
Guinea pig Jasper, Rabbit Daisy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:07 pm 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

kostyantyn, just read your post and wanted to ask how your beardie was getting on now? I hope you managed to get him sorted and feeding well.

It seems that you weren't given great advice when you got him, and I know from experience that everyone seems to have their own opinions when it comes to beardies!! It's hard to know what to think sometimes...

If you can take one more piece of advice... please listen to the people who have replied to you on here, they really do know what they're talking about.

Good luck xx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:24 am 
HATCHLING
HATCHLING

hey guys my bearded dragon has been doing great and my balaptica dubia roches colony florished but a problem came up about 2 weeks ago he used to love the roaches i would feed him like three evry 2 to 3 days and he would go crazy start running around the cage looking for more but now he dosent even look at them like the roach will be on top of his fase or like right infront of him and he wont even touch it could it be the heat in his tank its kinda low now because my brother broke his light bulb but the room tampetur is really high like 80 and im going to buy him a new day lightbulb tommorow but he had the night one on all the time for the past week and i feed him at like 8 in the afternoon vegtables only he dosent want to touch the roaches at all. what could be the problem am i feeding him to late or is it because of the light bulb i really jope he didnt decide not to eat the roaches because it took me a good 4 moths to get alot of them and now i cant just throw them out.
also if anyone has facebook can u give me youre first and last name so i can and u and ask u a question if an emergency pops up with the bearded dragon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:09 am 
EGG
EGG

Please read thru the forum! there is so much to learn here from people who have so much experience!.... your beardy needs a properly set up vivarium/closed lid tank! he needs a warm & a cool end and the warm end needs to have a basking lamp with a rock / branch underneath for him to bask on (the temp @ basking point needs to be between 39-42degC the temperature needs to be controlled with a thermostat to make sure your dragon doesnt over heat or get too cold! if he is uncomfortable in the temperature you have or the environment he WILL go off his food and then he will get VERY ill!... Also a beardie needs a mixed diet of live food and fresh veg!... he needs both to be healthy.

These are his BASIC requirements please do some reaearch and them amend your set up to fit his needs and cover everything he needs then hoepfully he will feel more comfortable and he will begin to eat again x

1hubby -Steve
1daughter- Amelia-anais -2yrs old
1 baby bearded dragon - Dobbie