mybeardeddragons.co.uk

Discussion and Advice Forum for Bearded Dragon Lovers
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:31 am 
EGG
EGG

I believe my beardie is around 16 months old now (I was told she was female but she hasn't laid any eggs to date so I'm beginning to question that).

Anyway, I never used to have a problem feeding her veg. When she was on live food five days a week and veg two days a week there wasn't a problem. She never ate loads of it but she ate enough.

However, for around 6 months now she has just gone off them. She is now on veg five days a week and live foods only twice per week. I put her food in her bowl but she just isn't bothered anymore. She used to LOVE butternut squash, and she will still eat it if she is taking it off my finger but it seems like she can't be bothered if she has to go looking for it.

She also seems quite lethargic in her viv, sitting under one of her branches all the time. If I get her out, she will sit with me for around 10 mins and then she likes to run around the room so there is nothing wrong with her.

Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:34 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

They seem to go off htings at times then back on when you least expect it. This season all of ours are off butternut pumpkin, yet last year they would eat that before anything else. You're also nearing winter and she may be thinking of brumating see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=477

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:41 am 
EGG
EGG

Yeah I don't think it's Brumation. She has been doing it for around 6 months now (so that's going back to early Spring) and she is very quick at eating the live food. Once she spots it she goes absolutely crazy at the glass until she gets them, which obviously means she is hungry, so it makes me wonder why she doesn't eat the veg that's right next to her

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:49 am 
EXPERT
EXPERT

Just off it this season - ours seem more attracted to peppery tasting items such as rocket but as I said - I've known them to change their tastes from one season to the next and there's really nothing you can do :?

Rick